For those that do not require a traditional checking account, Chase has begun to market its Chase Liquid Reloadable Card as the ultimate alternative.
With only a simple $4.95 flat monthly fee, consumers will be pleasantly surprised at the lack of the additional fees usually associate with a prepaid card. Actually, the Chase Liquid card is one of the only cards on the market to offer free account alerts, free card replacement, and charge no fees for withdrawing cash from the Chase ATM or calling Chase’s customer service center. (Chase does charge a $2 fee when you use an out-of-network ATM for withdrawals.)
The Chase Liquid Reloadable Card Features
One of the key features of the Chase Liquid Reloadable Card is the different available ways you have to load your card. These include:
- Chase DepositFriendlySM ATM or branch: Walk-in or drive up to any area Chase and deposit cash or check right onto the card.
- Direct Deposit: Have your payroll checks, government benefit checks, or tax refund sent directly to your card.
- Chase QuickDepositSM: Offers those customers with smartphones the ability to download the Chase Mobile® app to take pictures of the front and back of the check and deposit it remotely.
In addition to the available features that allow deposits, the Chase Liquid Reloadable Card grants you a variety of different ways to access your funds. These include:
- Use your Chase Liquid Reloadable Card to shop online, pay bills, or to make purchases in stores.
- Withdraw cash at one of Chase’s 17,500 ATM’s or at over 5,500 branches nationwide.
- Transfer money onto your Chase Liquid Reloadable Card either online, at a Chase ATM/branch, or by phone.
- Check your most current balance by activating “Account Alerts” on the Chase.com website or via the Chase Mobile® app.
Although you can pay bills with the Chase Liquid Reloadable Card, they do not have their own bill payment service. This is where ChargeSmart allows you to pay your utilities, auto loans, student loans, mortgage, and much more with a credit, debit, or prepaid card. We bridge that gap for customer to pay all of their bills within one place.
The Chase Liquid Reloadable Card Benefits
Aside from having the ability to shop online with the world’s most popular retailers or being able to make purchases from your favorite store in the mall, the Chase Liquid Reloadable Card offers additional benefits that set it apart.
Of these benefits the most notable include being able to decide between receiving your monthly statements online or in the traditional paper version, no overdraft fees, and free calls to their bi-lingual customer service department.
Add to that the fact that with the Chase Liquid Reloadable Card, your transactions are safer than cash. You see your purchases are FDIC insured up to the maximum allowed by law.
The coolest benefit of Chase Liquid is one you will find in its Chase Mobile® App. Chase Liquid Reloadable Card holders have the ability to use Chase QuickDepositSM and their smartphone to take a picture of the front and back of an endorsed check and transmit that image electronically to Chase. Plus, you can submit up to $2,000 a day/per account with a monthly deposit limit of $5,000 per account via Chase QuickDepositSM.
Benefit: No more trips to the bank on payday.